Of Counsel (Aug. 2015 - Present)
At TechLaw, I advise clients on a variety of issues related to business formation, commercial contracts, copyright, trademark, and trade secret. I prepare contracts and security agreements for clients, and when necessary, will represent them in state or federal court.
Founder, Outside General Counsel (Sept. 2014 - Present)
Soundcheck is an automated event logistics platform I created to reduce the transaction costs to execute concerts at small to medium-sized venues. I transferred control of the company to two associates, but continue to serve a limited role as a legal advisor on business, IP, employment, and cybersecurity issues.
Selman Breitman LLP
Associate, Graduate Law Clerk (Aug. 2014 - Aug. 2015)
Invisible Children, Inc.
Law Clerk (Sept. 2013 - Dec. 2013)
Invisible Children is an international charity, which I advised on business, IP, and regulatory compliance.
Law Clerk (Jan. 2013 - Sept. 2013)
Independent Voter Network
Law Clerk (Apr. 2013 - June 2013)
IVN is a multi-media platform and a political advocacy organization that I advised on IP and regulatory compliance.
California Department of Justice
Law Clerk (June 2012 - Nov. 2012)
At the Department of Justice, I prepared pleadings and memoranda on elder abuse and insurance fraud issues.
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Manager/Director (Sept. 2009 - Sept. 2011)
I started at Manchester Grand Hyatt as a seasonal recreation attendant. Three weeks later, I received my first promotion. Over the next 15 months, I would receive four more, and at one point, I ran four departments simultaneously: KIN Spa, Recreation, VIP Services, and the StayFit Membership Program. My success was due to my abilities to manage clients' expectations and to find creative solutions to systemic problems in a department.
University of San Diego School of Law
Juris Doctor, Intellectual Property Concentration, May 2014
- San Diego Law Review (Authored "Google Books as a Section 108 Public Library")
- USD Enhancement Award, 2014 (Annual award for exceptional student leaders)
- Student Leadership Scholarship, 2013 – 2014
- The Advocate (Alumni Magazine), Student Editor, 2011-2012
- Motions (Student Newspaper), Associate Editor/Journalist, 2011-2014
- Intellectual Property Law Association, President, 2013-2014
- Center for Public Interest Law, Legal Intern, 2012-2013
- Sports and Entertainment Law Society, Member, 2011-2014
- Sixth Annual Intellectual Property Careers Event, Patent Law Panel Moderator, March 2013
- Women's Law Caucus, Member, 2013-201
Florida State University
Bachelor of Arts, Creative Writing, May 2008
- FSU Honors Program
- Study Abroad, Spring 2006 (Valencia, Spain)
Easter Bunny Headquarters
Board of Directors (Aug. 2011 - Present)
Easter Bunny Headquarters is a charity founded by my sister Kellie. It provides easter baskets to homeless children in the Spring, and care packages to indigent veterans in the fall. I serve a limited role on the Board of Directors as part of my ongoing efforts to use my education and experience to help others.